Big data produced by Earth observation has huge potential for the creation of innovative products and services. Applications have value in industry 4.0, mobile and digital, environment protection, management of urban areas, regional and local planning, agriculture, forestry, fisheries, health, transport, climate change, sustainable development, civil protection, tourism and others.
Supporting rise and international growth of Copernicus data and services based start-ups in Europe
1. Boosting the use of Copernicus data and/or products from the Copernicus services by current or future businesses.
2. Supporting the most innovative and commercially-promising business applications based on Copernicus data and services in Europe.
Copernicus is the European system for monitoring the Earth, coordinated and managed by the European Commission. It consists of a complex set of systems which collect data from multiple sources: earth observation satellites and in situ sensors such as ground stations, airborne sensors and sea-borne sensors. It processes this data and provides users with reliable and up-to-date information through a set of services related to environmental and security issues.
Conditions to apply
In order to apply for the Copernicus Incubation Programme, your business needs to adhere to the following conditions:
1. Copernicus data/services based innovative and commercially promising business propositions with international growth potential.
2. Maximum 5 years of operational history.
3. Legal presence in Europe, Iceland or Norway.
4. Preliminary agreement between start-up and incubation support programme (business incubator, accelerator …).
What’s in it for you?
– Equity free funding
– Lean application procedure
– Rapid evaluation and contract procedure
– Attractive payment scheme
– Eligible salary costs
– Complimentary with other support programmes
Get in touch
Verhaert Masters in Innovation
T +32 487 355 345