A feasibility study is the consultancy work we perform to facilitate space technology transfer.
This works both ways: either a terrestrial company is looking to use knowledge from space technology, or a space company wants to apply its knowledge to a terrestrial application. Feasibility studies help you to quickly figure out the potential of applying knowledge from the space industry in a terrestrial application.
We don’t charge you any fee for the study. Funding for feasibility studies is available all year long, granted by ESA and Space Solutions Belgium, through a score of different programs and initiatives.
Our process of the Technology Readiness Level (TRL)
What’s the added value for your company?
For Belgian companies active in space (tech donors) or Belgian non-space companies looking for space-tech (tech receivers):
- First verification of technology on business and technical value
- Create new revenue streams
- Start of a new venture or spin-off (in other non-space markets)
- Guidance in the process of commercialization (procedures, calls, network,…)
- Elaborate on the first concept
Examples of questions we answered:
- Is there an Earth application for a medical device used by astronauts?
- Can the automotive and off-road industries benefit from a gear system developed for space?
- How can a machine learning algorithm developed for space telecommunication help an industry 4.0 business to get ahead?
Fill in our form to apply for a feasibility study
Feasibility studies are the first step in our TRL-process. When the study is conducted you can apply for a call to develop your Proof of Concept.
Interested? Find out more on our Proof of Concept webpage.
ESA Space Solutions Belgium
+ 32 3 250 19 00
Need more information?
Please leave your message and contact details. We’ll contact you as soon as possible.